[Noisebridge-discuss] donated noisebridge companion cube computer

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:00:58 UTC 2011

If it's for use with the Kinect, which I think was the motivation for
that computer being setup, then I'd recommend a dual-boot with some
Linux flavor, rather than hackintosh.  There are some toolkits that
would be key to have setup on a Kinect PC, but they aren't supported
in Mac OS (let alone hackintoshland).  I imagine this would require
partitioning the HDD if that isn't already done.

I'll be spending Monday daytime resuming Kinect hacking so I'll see
what I can do regarding installing Kinect toolkits and such...  In the
meantime, if any one can prep the machine for Linux (partitioning) or
even do the Ubuntu install, then that would be very helpful.

j-
PS: If anyone wants to try installing Hackintosh on (including this
shuttle), I have iATKOS v7 DVD which installs 10.5.7 Leopard that I
can loan out or donate to NB.