[Noisebridge-discuss] donated noisebridge companion cube computer

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:27:02 UTC 2011

I don't see a reason why we can't have all 3 operating systems on there.

Right now, Noisebridge does not have a public Windows computer anywhere.
  Nor do we have a public Intel-based MacOS computer.  A good
hackerspace should have all sorts of different systems.  It takes all
kinds.  In management-speak, we call this "diversity".

Since the Windows on that computer and all the development tools are
licensed, I would just assume keep Windows on there.

As for the MacOS, I had sought a donation of an Intel-based MacOS
computer awhile back.  Iphone SDK only runs on MacOS.  Also, there just
aren't any professional-quality non-linear video editing programs for linux.

Patrick