[Noisebridge-discuss] lockers for noisebridge - big enough? funding?

Moxie Marlinspike moxie at thoughtcrime.org
Fri Feb 18 00:39:07 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 03:49 PM, Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson wrote:
>> Updated opinions: generally unopposed (9): al, jared, moxie, jim,
>> rachel m., john e, L E, sean, patrick
>> generally opposed (6): rubin, jake, claudia, leif, snail, meredith
>
> Also, Moxie's comment about enumerating and meeting concerns in a
> consensus process is REALLY important. This is not about numbers, and
> it cannot possibly be about numbers and for/against in a consensus
> space. It's about acknowledging the concerns leveraged and working
> with those speaking up to find solutions that will actually get
> everyone onboard.
>
> Please, please, PLEASE recognize this and its implications for your
> own posture here.

Hey, to be completely fair, he did include a radical shift in language
-- from "opposed" and "unopposed" to "*generally* opposed" and
"*generally* unopposed."

And from the bin that I've apparently been put in, it's also interesting
to see that Patrick interpreted my comment about not echoing others
who've expressed sentiments which already reflect my own as referring to
*his* sentiments.  Certainly wishful thinking.

- moxie

--
http://www.thoughtcrime.org