[Noisebridge-discuss] help an artist (for Pay)

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:11:26 UTC 2011

I can vouch for Ben being a totally awesome dude, in case anyone was
wondering.
Ben, I could help you with arduino but only after march 1 as I have a huge
arduino project with a deadline then. If you'd like to talk/meet up before
then, you know how to find me.
Meredith

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Benjamin Carpenter <bcarpenter at meca.edu>wrote:

>  Hey Folks,
>

> My name is Ben and I am new to NB. I am a local artist, teacher and
> fabricator and am looking forward to exploring NB on a deeper level.
>

> I am currently working on a proposal for the SF Arts Commission and am in
> need of some one with superior tech kung fu.
>

> I have a clear layout of what needs to happen in my project, but a much
> less clear idea of how to make it happen. This is where you come in.  I am
> pretty sure Max/MSP is the right tool for this job, but I am too fuzzy with
> the program to have it manifest. Arduino is also probably necessary, but
> again, I am looking for someone who can look at my concept and say, “Oh yea,
> we can do this. Here’s how”
>

> If you know Max/MSP & Arduino/Processing and are interested, then please
> contact me. I am eager to discuss possibilities.
>

> I am still in the design phase and there is no guarantee that this project
> proposal will be accepted. If it is though, there will be a stipend that  I
> will happily split with you. Of course, you will also get credit for the
> work you are responsible for.
>

> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> -Ben
>
> www.backbonemetals.com/blog

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein