[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire

Rameen emprameen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 22:30:43 UTC 2011

Regarding the first part I'm not sure about
5. Project Photo
Example: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/68664708_c51771e83e_b_d.jpg.
Please select your best photo for your sign, not your flickr pool!
Please provide one specific photo URL of your project for use on the Maker
Faire web site. Right click on one specific photo, copy link and paste here.
6. Project Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wamwklXWK4M
7. Project Keywords
hackerspace, community, collaboration, education, teaching, learning,
sharing
(Use keywords to describe your project.)
8. Category:
art, green, young makers, science, engineering, crafts, food/sustainability
Choose the single best category for your project.
9. Reference(s)
Are there other makers who are familiar with your work? List their email or
other contact info here if we may contact them.
10. Are there other organizations or makers that we should be contacting
about participating in Maker Faire? Yes.

There second section is about public info and images. What single image
should we use to best represent?
Then it goes on to private info about how it is best to contact us via mail
and so forth. I'm willing to put my own information to collect any incoming
postage and phone calls, but I don't know if this is the best way to
maintain contact with Maker Faire!

The third part is logistics about our booth.

"If you would like to sell your *own *creations at Maker Faire, you are
welcome to do so as a "Commercial Maker". The fee for Commercial Makers is
$325 which is due before May 6th. You will receive more information on being
a Commercial Maker when you are accepted."

We need to collect money if we're going to sell mate or booch. If we set up
something like a capacitor popper, then will it be loud? Do we want space to
work, or power? Do we emit radio frequencies??
"Does your project emit any radio frequency? Please check all items that
apply and provide any additional information about the frequency and/or
frequencies and the amount of power that you will be using in the field
below." Who is providing our safety plan should we need one?

11. Educational Outreach Participation
Are you interested in participating in additional Educational Outreach
activities related to Maker Faire?
a. Pre-event Maker Faire promotional activities? (This could include
showcasing your project at various community events.)
b. Helping one of our 2011 Young Makers (ages 12-18) finish a project for
Maker Faire--including meeting regularly with a local, Bay Area Maker Club
in person and possibly remotely between now and May 21, 2011.
c. Visiting a classroom or school to inspire students and/or teachers,
before or after Maker Faire. (We'll contact you as opportunities arise.)
d. Presenting to K-12 student field trip groups who visit Friday morning,
May 20, from about 8am to 1pm. (Look for follow-up information on this event
by email from Michelle Hlubinka when you check this box.)
e. Mentoring new and/or Young Makers in general. (You'll be added to our
database of available mentors and we'll contact you as opportunities arise.)

13. Previous Participation
If you've participated in a previous Maker Faire, please tell us which
one(s).
a. Bay Area 2010
b. Detroit 2010
c. New York 2010
d. Bay Area 2009
e. Bay Area 2009
f. Bay Area 2008
g. Austin 2008
h. Bay Area 2007
i. Austin 2007
j. Bay Area 2006
I know the wiki says 2009, but which one!!?