[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 26 23:58:56 UTC 2011

That sounds way cool!  People at the Faire will eat it up!  :)

Please coordinate with Rameen.

Cheers,
Mitch.

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:47:08 -0800
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire
From: rikke.c.rasmussen at gmail.com
To: maltman23 at hotmail.com
CC: emprameen at gmail.com; vonguard at gmail.com; noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

I would love to be involved in any/all of the following activities - preferably with company (as I don't drive, and moving all the brewing gear by public transportation is somewhat cumbersome) - would try to persuade Sean to do a 'DIY yeast demo' of brewing and baking with self-captured wild yeast.

/Rikke

11. Educational Outreach Participation
Are you interested in participating in additional Educational Outreach activities related to Maker Faire?
a. Pre-event Maker Faire promotional activities? (This could include showcasing your project at various community events.)
b. Helping one of our 2011 Young Makers (ages 12-18) finish a project for Maker Faire--including meeting regularly with a local, Bay Area Maker Club in person and possibly remotely between now and May 21, 2011.
c. Visiting a classroom or school to inspire students and/or teachers, before or after Maker Faire. (We'll contact you as opportunities arise.)
d. Presenting to K-12 student field trip groups who visit Friday morning, May 20, from about 8am to 1pm. (Look for follow-up information on this event by email from Michelle Hlubinka when you check this box.)
e. Mentoring new and/or Young Makers in general. (You'll be added to our database of available mentors and we'll contact you as opportunities arise.)

Doing these things is a lot of fun!  Again, as contact person, if you think this is cool, then you can put out a call for people to do this.

I'm doing this for the Hardware Hacking Area.