[Noisebridge-discuss] Advisory about recent thefts at Noisebridge.

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sat Jul 9 21:18:30 UTC 2011

Is there a problem with just putting up cameras other than the obvious
"oooOOOOOOoooo, lets hack that!" or the "waaaaaaah! I'm a 1337 hax0r, I
don't WANNNA be on camera!"

Under California law, unless there is an expectation of privacy (and with
what I've seen happen on the couches at noisebridge, there isn't) it's OK to
post cameras.

I would be 100% fine with cameras...especially if we rig them to detect
awesome as it happens...like make beacons that alert the camera system that
it's time to increase the frame rate and resolution of the camera because
we're about to do something that needs to be documented for Make Benefit
Glorious Nation of Noisebridge