[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: borken iMac G5

Zach . organic_unity at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 05:47:39 UTC 2011

I think something that has been unclear in this discussion is the  age  of whats being donated.  When people dump 10 servers (HUGE) from 1991, thats when we have a problem.  This was happening a lot lately which was why we had a huge pile of ewaste that myself, robert, rich and others did all the work to sort through.

however, if you are donating something reasonably new that has good parts, and I think this G5 does, there is nothing I find to be wrong with that.  Getting rid of a broken G5 is not really a problem imo and lots of useful stuff can be taken from it.  I would personally like to try to fix it.

It's the 1980's and 1990's crap that people dump here that is the real problem.  Anything recent (like 5 years or so) is fair imo.

Zach