[Noisebridge-discuss] Theft at NoiseBridge

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:58:44 UTC 2011

I think we need a Defensive Obfuscated Networked Grappling System.  We can
build one right near the door so we can apprehend theives as they leave
noisebridge.  We would connect it to a Ruby on Rails application running on
Pony.  We could even design our own android app so we could trigger it from
our phone.  It would drop a net down on nasty thieves while taking a picture
and uploading it directly to s3 so that it can't be taken down easily.
Finally, we would spray the net with the ink from old dye packs that no
longer explode.  I am sure we can get some of these from the community or
ebay.   After all that is done, it would send a link to the picture out to
the mailing list calling them a doodie head.  I believe we could work on the
Defensive Obfuscated Networked Grappling System (DONGS for short) and have
it up fairly quickly between our ruby skillz and arduino skillz.

Who wants to work on this with me?  I bet we could do it in about two
weeks.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Ever Falling <everfalling at gmail.com> wrote:

> "that  look to my eye more like tagging/graffiti than the sort of creative
> wall markings that seem to appear from people who should be at Noisebridge."
>
> gonna have to be more specific here considering this might just be an issue
> of your own sense of aesthetics and not something actually malicious. have
> any pictures of these wall markings? indeed last i remember there are
> pedobear and mudkip tags all over the place from a distant night of
> drinking.
>

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM, girlgeek <girlgeek at wt.net> wrote:
>
>>  I have noticed that there is someone making wall designs that  look to my
>> eye more like tagging/graffiti than the sort of creative wall markings that
>> seem to appear from people who should be at Noisebridge.  There are/were
>> some in the bathroom with the window and in the stairway not too far from
>> the front door.  I have taken them for a sign that someone who should not be
>> at NB has been coming in.  If the gate is now fixed this problem may go
>> away.  But I have taken it for an indication that some person/people are
>> coming into NB who shouldn't - thieves?
>> -Claudia
>>
>> On 6/9/2011 4:59 PM, miloh wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM, meredith scheff <satiredun at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone else noticed that the gate is basically open, all the time
>>> now? It tends to either not close all the way or not latch, and I do believe
>>> people have noticed this fact.
>>> -Meredith
>>>

>>  The gate was fixed after the first incident.  let us know if you find it
>> sticking at any time (hot days) from here forward so we can continue to make
>> sure it closes properly.

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer