[Noisebridge-discuss] First Ever International Tahoe-LAFS Summit (can we host it at Noisebridge?)

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Jun 12 02:40:29 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 04:12:18PM -0600, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> You may have heard of Tahoe-LAFS before -- http://tahoe-lafs.org .
>
> It is a secure, decentralized storage system. The typical way that

Tahoe is pretty awesome.

> So, the Tahoe-LAFS open source project is planning to have our first
> ever International Tahoe-LAFS Summit at the end of this month. The
> four most prolific coders on the open source project will be there,
> plus a few other people who contribute to the project in various ways
> (newbie coders, documentation, security auditing). Can we use
> Noisebridge space for our meetup? We're going to be going at it most
> or all of Monday the 27th through Thursday the 30th.

How many attendees are you expecting?  You can probably get a
decent-sized area set up during that time period, but the evenings are
going to be more of a challenge.

> Please let me know:
>
> a) Is this the sort of thing the Noisebridge space can be used for in
> principle?

Yes.

> b) Will it be too crowded or busy those mornings/days/evenings/nights?

Weekday monings/days are generally pretty empty, AFAIK.  The evenings
we're likely to run into space constraints.

It might be possible to use the main room during the day, and then
retire to one of the classrooms during the evening.  Even so space may
be a problem ... perhaps some of the time could be scheduled elsewhere?
Sandbox Suites, The Summit, or Parisoma might be able to host some of
the event.

-andy