[Noisebridge-discuss] Solar-power radios popping up around the Mission

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Mar 1 09:21:35 UTC 2011

I've been seeing a lot of contraptions such as these
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/thejof/5487878459/) popping up around
the Mission. That photo is not a very representative one -- most seem
to have a much smaller isotropic-looking radiator in a PVC tube
hanging under the panel.

I suspect these are for the newer parking meters that have been
getting installed. Some are taking credit cards now, and I can only
assume they're doing authorization over wireless.

Does anyone else know what these are for? I'm curious.

Cheers,
jof