[Noisebridge-discuss] What more can we do to turn Noisebridge into something out of a Gibson novel?

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Sat Mar 5 23:21:05 UTC 2011

* Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> [110304 23:28]:
> I'd love to outfit a room or portion of the space in a theme of sorts
> with RGB LEDs that we can re-modulate to show what we want.
>
> Does anyone know of any pre-made RGB LED boards that we can control,
> preferably over Ethernet or serial?
> Alternatively, this could be an interesting collaborative project to
> make a simple board filled with RGB LEDs and a microcontroller.
>
> Does anyone else find this to be an interesting avenue?

I think this could be very interesting. In addition to RGB, it might
be fun to throw controllable white & amber LEDs into the mix. Here's
one local LED resource:

  http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/

Not sure if they have exactly what you're looking for, but definitely
worth checking out. Their (brick & mortar) store is in Burlingame, not
far from the Millbrae BART station. Mike Kan pointed this place out to
me -- we went there & bought the LED bars used in the lighting fixture
over the shop table that we constructed. Building more lighting
fixtures for the space would make for some fun collaborative shop
projects.

John

--
John Magolske