[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking advice on Autocad and patents

Robert Fletcher lobatifricha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 01:08:00 UTC 2011

I've done quite a bit of work with AutoCAD.  With all of its scripting
interfaces and ways of linking in files I'm sure you could find a way to do
what you're talking about, but I'm also fairly confident that it's not
really the best tool for the job.  If you're developing devices then
something like AutoDesk Inventor might be more up your alley.  If you're
stuck with AutoCAD then you should probably look into cross-pollenating
fields between a word document and your drawings, or worst case having a
layout in your dwg files for your application and plugging fields into it
from there.  I also found the forums at
augi.com<http://www.augi.com/forum/>to be very helpful back in my
drafting days.

Good luck,