[Noisebridge-discuss] where to buy a plug in SF or near

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Mar 15 06:02:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:30:42PM -0700, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> I think I'm going crazy. I am looking for a simple plug, with
> grounding, to change the ugly one that comes with the surge protector
> I have. The ugliness of the standard plug is that it sticks 2 1/2" out
> of the socket and I want something that keeps the cable flat to the
> wall as much as possible. This kind of plugs is very easy to buy in
> Italy but here I couldn't find them at Lowes, Home Depot and  various
> mom-n-pops stores in town.
>
> Basically, I need something like this
> http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-931-Angle-Grounding-Black/dp/B00004YUKC
> and even smaller, if possible ... but not for that price. Any
> suggestion?

Well, that's a 50A plug, way oversized for any powerstrip I hope you're
using. :)

You should be able to find a straight plug like this at any home depot
or Ace:
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/42/42f8c747-2cb2-4b79-acd7-593a3dbe4e18_300.jpg

finding an angled plug to install yourself is hard.  You may be better
off getting a short adapter cord.  But in either case, check out the
Cole Fox Hardware store; they have one of the best selections in SF and
a very helpful staff.  There's one on 4th St at Mission, one at Mission
and 30th (approximately), and one near upper Haight St.

Or you can ask Jim and see if one of the professional electrician supply
stores has what you need.

-andy