[Noisebridge-discuss] EFF Geek Gathering with Tunisian Activist Sami ben Gharbia

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Wed May 18 02:45:02 UTC 2011

The EFF is hosting a really special visitor this week. I really
encourage everyone involved with Noisebridge to attend this talk by Sami
ben Gharbia. He's planning to stop by Noisebridge sometime this week and
I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome!

Here's the snip-it of the EFF announcement:

Join EFF on Friday May 20th for a very special Geek Reading with Sami
Ben Gharbia at EFF's future headquarters.  Sami is a Tunisian
anti-censorship activist and blogger based in the Netherlands. He is the
co-founder of nawaat.org, a Tunisian award-winning collective blog about
news and politics. Sami serves as Advocacy Director for Global Voices,
where he also works on Threatened Voices, a recently developed
initiative of the Global Voices Advocacy project. He is the author of a
French-language book titled Journey in a Hostile World, which documents
his escape from Tunisia.

Friday, May 20, 2011
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

EFF's Future Headquarters
2567 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94110

Doors open at 7:00 p.m. We ask for a $25 contribution to help support
our work defending freedom.