[Noisebridge-discuss] SETI Open Source Project looking for hackers to help with Data Analysis

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Mon May 2 00:50:53 UTC 2011

On 04/30/2011 09:03 PM, Brian Morris wrote:
> They have open sourced their analysis code and have 20 Terabytes of data
> backlog which they are offering to the public to work on.
>
> You may have heard that the main project is currently on hold due to
> funding cuts, unfortunately just as the Kepler probe is returning much
> data about earth-like exoplanets to show what direction to listen in.

In case anyone wants to dive deep into this code, I'm happy to get
people in touch with the core developers. I'm one of the people managing
the open-sourcing process for this system.

If there are a few people interested, I can even set up a sprint to work
on this stuff either at SETI (at their office on the peninsula) or
Noisebridge.

Lost with you in space,
David