[Noisebridge-discuss] SETI Open Source Project looking for hackers to help with Data Analysis

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Mon May 2 02:57:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 18:34 -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
> what's a sprint ?

It's a gathering of hackers to get a bunch done in a small window of
time, generally a day to a week.

> I was thinking about setting up a Virtual Box install of the Suse
> Linux they require, and maybe starting on the install but would be *A
> Lot*  more fun if a couple people wanted to get together at
> Noisebridge and work with it together. Anyway the VB base installation
> then could make it easier for others around here to join in.

SETI has access to free AWS resources as well.

> Good to know someone around working on the open sourcing as it looks
> like it is in process.

The code's been out for quite some time, but we're working on better
community support and making the project more accessible.

> I can't travel outside SF City at the present time.

If we headed down to SETI, I would probably set up a carpool.