[Noisebridge-discuss] Are people okay with people sleeping at the Noisebridge space?

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:24:05 UTC 2011

The issue isnt one of what is reasonable or not, its a matter of
slippery slope and authority.  If you kind of let people sleep there
sometimes, pretty soon you'll have half the homeless population of SF
living at noisebridge, not just sleeping but LIVING.  Word spreads
fast.

While a live/work space sound appealing, I think its more common in
europe, where the social structures are different and so are
communities.  It would not work out at noisebridge without a strong
control element, since there are many many people who need somewhere
indoors to sleep... But such a space would be geared towards hackers,
not a general homeless shelter, therefore strong controls would be
necessary because it would become an attractive nuisance very very
rapidly.

Realistic, the line has to be drawn in a fair, gentle but firm manner.
 Noisebridge is not a sleep space.

Interesting thread re: passive aggressive, then rejection of
authority.  What can you do?

-ryan