[Noisebridge-discuss] Occupy SF website hackathon this Saturday at NB

Ken Adler ken.adler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:16:33 UTC 2011

Hi Rachel:

Can you include a link on there to www.ScottOlsen.org  ?

I got the domain yesterday, set up a simple posterous site and embedded the
Iraq Vets Against War donation page for the Scott Olsen Support Fund.
Scott is that vet that was critically injured on Tuesday at OO.

 I am transferring ownership of the domain to Scott as soon as he is able to
deal with it.

BTw... Max and I haven't been at Noisebridge lately.. we've both been
spending our free time at the Occupy Oakland camp.  We are
 volunteering/camping with the Medics.

 Shit was crazy there on Tuesday!

Ken

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:31 AM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachelyra at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I am hosting a hackathon at the space on Saturday to focus specifically on
> the occupysf.com website.  It is time for a major growth spurt regarding
> the amount of info & functionality on there, as well as some streamlining. I
> am mostly facilitating and generating content, there will be 5-10 people
> joining me who have more code fu.
>
> If you are interested in this effort please let me know. I will be taking
> notes from the meeting so even if you can't make it I can keep you in the
> loop. If you have skills in a specific area that you'd like to offer, let me
> know that as well.  Current CMS appears to be joomla.
>
> Schedule:
> This Saturday (er, tomorrow?)
> Meeting centrally at the makerbots, relocating as appropriate.
>
> 12-1:30 or 2
> Hardcore meeting, big picture time.
>
> Break
>
> Breakout work sessions as appropriate. (Predicting 2:30-6)
>
> If this sounds interesting, hit me up! If you are interested but not sure
> how to engage, hit me up anyway!
>
> R.
>
> mediumreality.com

Ken Adler