[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge must police itself

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 02:06:58 UTC 2011

NB really needs to start fostering a more open and friendly relationship
with the local police. There seems to be this sense that if we ever let them
in the space they'd think we were running a meth lab. so what do we do? act
suspicious and paranoid as hell which would be pretty normal behavior of
people running a meth lab. I learned, at least personally through 2 years of
protesting, that the nicer and more cooperative you are with the local
police (to a reasonable extent of course) the more lenient and understanding
they'll be when shit goes down that they need to deal with. It seems that
the people who are the most stand-offish towards the police are also the
same sorts of people who end up causing unnecessary problems with them and
end up getting into stupid situations that merely fuels their confirmation
bias (an extreme example i can think of are those sovereign citizen
wack-jobs) whereas those willing to cooperate to a reasonable and civil
extent tend to find police far more personable and easier to deal with.

either way this security-by-committee thing is both frustrating and amusing
to watch.