[Noisebridge-discuss] Inkscape Tutorial Authoring Powow - SUCCESS!

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Wed Sep 14 18:34:00 UTC 2011

Awesome!

Also it is worth mentioning that Lasersaur, the libre-hardware laser
cutter that is currently beeing developed and will soon be released as
a libre DIY kit (in a similar manner as the MakerBot kits) uses a
web-based interface that accepts SVG uploads from users to cut/engrave
things.

The freedom issue with the EPILOG laser cutters is that they use a
"printing setup" interface for defining the power and speed settings
and this interface is (a) proprietary (b) works only on MSWindows (c)
does not work with Inkscape.

It seems that Inkscape + LaserSaur will be a perfect match!