[Noisebridge-discuss] Wanna be a roomie in a maker house?

Just Duncan justduncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 22:09:35 UTC 2011

Everybody:  Deep breath.  Point made.

No one is assuming anyone is a bigot.  I already know you're a great guy,
Sean, and the house sounds totally rad!

Affordable housing in the city is scarce and people are desperate to find
it.  I can't speak for the person who responded that they'd be "just as good
as a girl", but when people seek females for housemates they seem to make a
fundamental attribution error that females are better housemates, have fewer
overnight guests (especially a constantly recurring one), clean up after
themselves, and are generally less likely to create a pig sty.  The
additional information that there is already a female in the house does
significantly alter the context of the post.

Preferring a male or female is perfectly fine discrimination... and I,
myself, am probably the last one to obsess about being politically correct.
  And, yes, bacon rulez, especially with chicken! :-)