[Noisebridge-discuss] RFID gates or library security gates

Christina Olson daravinne at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:55:40 UTC 2011

http://preyproject.com/

^ has anyone used this?  Any good/bad experiences or thoughts? Any
other products like this that might be better considered? Seems like
it might be something that should be more widely used by anyone, not
just by people who come to the space, but might be useful for those of
us who are already aware of this problem.

I also hesitate to imply that there should ever be an official
noisebridge recommendation for software like that, simply because it
messages Noisebridge as a risk area for getting your shit stolen, but
I also think *individuals* promoting a good solution for theft risk
that a very wide range of people can access and implement could be
extremely useful.