[Noisebridge-discuss] missing IBM model M keyboard from my shelf

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Sep 20 19:12:41 UTC 2011

Casey Callendrello wrote, On 2011-09-20 12:03:
> What if we disable the doorbell entirely during certain hours?
>
> What if we disable the door button? During certain hours? To let a guest
> in, you have to walk down to the street, greet them, and open the door.

By doorbell you mean the button you press at the street level gate that
buzzes the doorbell inside the space, and NOT the ability to trigger the
latch on the gate to open from inside the space, correct? If so...

The generally discussion regarding having either member only or
privileged people only time has tended to sway towards a no, we would
like to never disallow the general public from coming into the space.
This would make some projects in the space not really exist considering
that many of the folks being the driving force behind them are non-members.

Membership should only be considered an avenue to help the space out
through financial means and the ability to participate in the consensus
process. It (arguably) was never meant to be an access control list.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net