[Noisebridge-discuss] Fw: continuing adventures in the brave new world.

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 07:08:51 UTC 2012

Hi to all,
Another friend of mine god his email compromised (hotmail, his mail about that is below). From what I know he changed the password after the first incident but the account was compromised again not even a week later. I wonder if who ever got in could change his "reset password" mailing account so even when he changes his password they can change it again or was it just week password or is there some "trick" how to get all around it? Could be for example his "computer" compromised? (I am sure he does not use linux).

Anyway if you could copy me on some "safe restoration procedure" that would be great!

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi

Hey folks,

Just a quick note regarding my recently hacked hotmail account.

I awoke this morning to receive a spam email from my own account even though it doesn't show up in my "Sent" box. I replied to the email just to see if it came to my inbox and it did. Can hackers duplicate your account? The complexity of the digital realm continues to amaze, astound and totally confuse me!

I suppose the next course of action is for me to close this account but I have a feeling that it won't really make any difference as far as spam being sent out in my name...arrgh! So apologies in advance for any future undesirables sent out in my name.

It will take me a bit to do this so feel free to be in touch in the interim.

I must say that I am a little attached to this account having used it for so long...but the winds of change are a blowing!

Much love to one and all and thanks for your understanding!

Cheers,