[Noisebridge-discuss] let's get a TIG welder

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:25:31 UTC 2012

> How does a TIG welder have "the potential to produce red hot metal slag
if you're using it to remove material"?  I've never heard of this.
Citation needed!

You know how a TIG works, right? An arc creates a puddle you then can add
metal to. In that way you can also use the arc to create a puddle to remove
material. That material naturally falls off the piece and potentially onto
the floor. I've used the TIG to do just that a number of times as an
alternative to cutting and grinding.