[Noisebridge-discuss] Enlightenment & its discontents (response to Rachel, Jim, Frantisek et al)

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 09:15:52 UTC 2012

Wow, thanks for the courageous and thoughtful relaying of your experience
here Mike.

I also do think we should have some form of a anti-harassment stance:  as a
community we should be on the forefront of innovating on this, not fighting
it.

That said, I think per se copy-paste of geekfeminism rules won't work with
noisebridge in that we do host lots of sexually themed events and flying
dongs and the like, and I don't think anyone would want that aspect of
noisebridge to go away.  Clearly, we want to be able to feel safe, and
quickly address patterns of harassment.

I think it's worth taking a look at OpenSF's polyamorous conference code of
conduct, which I really liked because it blankets a the broad range of
sexualities we have at noisebridge, and forces people for explicit
communication and consent:

http://www.open-sf.org/conduct.html