[Noisebridge-discuss] Last night at Noisebridge the speakers came alive

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 05:45:06 UTC 2012

Hello Noisebridge,

The pioneer vsx-815 receiver in the hackitorium was broken and
wouldn't turn on fuly last night.  The blue power light just blinking
and blinked, so I asked for a hand from Robert and X-Man. After x-man
looked at it with his FLIR cam, he suggested we just check online
since the thing was 'too digital' and 'over computerized'.  It turned
out the problem just required the digital system to be reset.

I ended up fixing it by holding down the 'enter' and 'adv surround'
buttons.  Sorry if anyone lost their surround settings presets.
http://www.fixya.com/support/t2339120-blue_light_flashing_protection_mode

It works now, but the rca stereo cables in the back connecting pony's
usb sound card to the receiver are a bit wonky and might be the cause
of future problems.

One last thing, I couldn't set the volume in mpd any lower than 100%.
Anything below that and all the sound would mute. I've heard inklings
of this problem through searching the web, and the attributions seem
to blame mpd. But really the problem could be pulseaudio or the usb
audio device, also right?  Has anyone run into this problem before?
Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem so the
software mixer works as intended again?

-Miloh