[Noisebridge-discuss] New furniture

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Wed Dec 5 19:30:18 UTC 2012

On 12/5/12 10:39 AM, rachel lyra hospodar wrote:
> I do realize I am feminist-trolling the noisebridge list. In this case, to
> me, 'troll' means behaving in a socially non-normative way in order to
> elicit a desired response. In this case the desired response is your
> education, you fool.

How much do I love this??? SO MUCH. Hahahah!

I have a fabulous recommendation for people on NB-discuss who are
thinking about gender, language, and public discourse; Jo Freeman's
BITCH Manifesto. It is humorously and enjoyably dated and yet still
packs a fabulous punch.

And it may inspire my fellow Bitches and Superbitches to feel glorious
pride in their power.

http://www.jofreeman.com/joreen/bitch.htm

"Neither men nor women can face the reality of a Bitch because to do so
would force them to face the corrupt reality of themselves. She is
dangerous. So they dismiss her as a freak.

This is the root of her own oppression as a woman. Bitches are not only
oppressed as women, they are oppressed for not being like women. Because
she has insisted on being human before being feminine, on being true to
herself before kowtowing to social pressures, a Bitch grows up an
outsider. "

- Liz

--

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ