[Noisebridge-discuss] LED selection question (individually addressable RGB strips)

Zachary Morriss zmorriss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:41:42 UTC 2012

Hey Rich,

Just before Halloween I purchased these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20M-Lot-4x-5M-5050-RGB-Dream-Color-Flash-RGB-6803-LED-Strip-94-change-RF-Remote-/320878392542?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&hash=item4ab5d7b4de

and was happy with the purchase experience. The remote wasn't as amazing as
hoped (some function didn't work, either dim or something) but it didn't
really matter, because I threw an arduino on the end anyways.

I also know someone in the space was working on truly
individually addressable led strip (as opposed to every 3 led's) using
8803's instead of 6803's. They were about 2x the cost, but the look was
worth it for the right application.

Zach