[Noisebridge-discuss] How close do I need to get with amperage?

John Withers jwithers at reddagger.org
Fri Dec 21 21:26:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-21 at 03:29 -0800, Jake wrote:
> as it turns out, the most important point got overlooked - polarity.
>
> Rachel didn't know whether power connectors go straight or... the Other
> way, and in fact the power adaptor in question had the opposite polarity
> of the appliance being powered.

Gah. Yeah, okay, I was dim and might or might not be responsible for
killing a perfectly good thing. Was focused on the whole ma issue and
didn't think about the bigger picture. A fairly common fault with my
thinking on tech stuff.

Rachel, my sincere apologies if I contributed incomplete information
that caused damage to your thing.

> you missed our x-ray presentation at 5mof, i thought you were all excited
> about xrays.  Now we need a long-exposure camera (noisebridge DSLR?) for
> taking more and more xray pictures.

Yes I did, yes I am and again I apologize. I am very highly burnt at the
moment and spending a lot of time in my quiet place with no sharp
objects in easy reach.

I will ping the Kelly who probably has a DSLR we can use for this
project in her storage here and is likely to be back in the area in the
next few weeks specifically planning on digging into said storage.

-j