[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control & Safety, both personal and general space.

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Feb 8 17:11:41 UTC 2012

I think that your enthusiasm is great, and the methods of access
control could really use some help.

Currently, we do have an electronic way of buzzing open the gate
downstairs (the upstairs lock doesn't work anymore. Perhaps it
should?), and an API that's driving the daemon that can open the gate.

The software that manipulates a parallel port controller to buzz the
door: https://github.com/noisebridge/gateman
And the HTTP REST-like API that talks to it:
https://github.com/noisebridge/noise-api

Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm also interested in helping
to see a more awesome door control system go up, but I could use a
small fire under my ass to start getting back to 2169 more and get
something going.

Cheers,
jof