[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control & Safety, both personal and general space.

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Wed Feb 8 18:29:39 UTC 2012

Before asterisk stopped working, I wrote most of a system that replaced
gatebot's code with a list of authorized numbers. If you dialed the
right incantation, and your Caller-ID was on The List, then the door
would open. Anyone with access to pony could add and remove numbers.

One of the problems of gatebot is that it costs money. Sorry, kids, but
SIP trunks aren't free. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm not sure
that phone access is worth any monthly recurring cost.

Also: what about keying the upstairs door with the A-key?

--Casey