[Noisebridge-discuss] Upstairs door latch mechanism?

Dana S. dsniezko at sonic.net
Sat Feb 11 01:54:11 UTC 2012

Adding my thoughts to this access control discussion...

My apartment building has a phone buzzer. When someone buzzes it calls me,
to let them in I have to physically pick up my phone, press 1 to open the
gate. Could something like this work for a buzzer at Noisebridge?

Members and regulars could have keys or key codes, but if someone has
neither they'd have to call up via intercom/phone, with someone in the
space answering and pressing a button (or code) to let them in.

I can see some drawbacks to this approach, for one it's more work, but I
like this idea because it creates an interaction between the person
upstairs and the person at the door, and it gives an unknown person a
chance to introduce themselves and their intentions.

- Dana