[Noisebridge-discuss] Wearables - Quest to find bendable but semi-stiff material to hold shape

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 23:01:45 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I have a project coming up that will essentially be an evening gown that
has these strips that come up the torso from the hips, then loop above the
shoulder once they reach that height. It resembles the Intimacy dress here:

http://tommytoy.typepad.com/tommy-toy-pbt-consultin/2011/10/dutch-designer-studio-roosegaarde-creates-a-super-sexy-see-through-e-dress-that-tintillates-when-the.html

Anyway, I'll be substituting flexible LED video panels for those
translucent strips but I need a stiffener rib that I can bend easily enough
to maintain the strips' shape as they loop above the shoulder.

I'm thinking a larger version of those twist-ties you get with garbage bags
- anyone know of something that could work?

Danke Schön!

--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129