[Noisebridge-discuss] Declining board nomination

Tom noisebridge at flamsmark.com
Wed Jan 4 21:09:27 UTC 2012

I have not (yet) developed the ability to read Rubin's mind (also: eew),
but I'll take my best shot. My guess is that he's concerned about unchecked
power. If the board/president can block, then it is impossible for the
membership ever to take action to reign in the actions of a (hypothetical)
evil and power-hungry oligarchy. Any proposal that the membership makes to
try and hinder or stop the awesome power of that fully armed and
operational board/president could simply be blocked by those same evil
geniuses. In short: it's a trap.