[Noisebridge-discuss] Just say no to SOPA

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 19:55:16 UTC 2012

On Jan 16, 2012, at 7:17, rachel lyra hospodar <rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason louis vuitton handbags and the like are covered in brand logos as part of the design?  to permit the prosecution of knockoff artists based on trademark violations.

I thought it was because their customers had no taste and wanted to show off. :)

I've never been a fan of big logos. I want my clothes and bags to look nice. I don't mind if you can identify the brand but I'd prefer if it was because you knew their style/aesthetic and/or you could tell because I wasn't freezing to death due to freezing rain/etc (lots of my more expensive clothes are made of technical fabrics. If the knockoff performs just as well, so what? :)