[Noisebridge-discuss] Reorganization at noisebridge

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Jan 17 00:42:59 UTC 2012

I know the discussion is about the action, but I am removing that for a
moment.

I think people need to take a breath, step back, and consider the state.
It's better than "not bad", it's "good".  I would go so far as to say that
it is an improvement, though that is subjective.

If people want to twist in the wind over the action, let them.  If people
would consider the quality of the space, minus the quality of people's
actions or intents, I will not suggest that they'd feel it was an
improvement, but I will suggest that it would be a more useful discussion
than who did what and how.

As we have stated before in the few theft threads on this list, we know the
risks of keeping our stuff at a public space.  Consider this but one more.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     I agree. The discussion seems to be the manner of
> making the change, yes?
>
>    As to universes, noisebridge strikes me as a set
> of universes, some intertwined. there are universes
> that show up in the evenings, mornings, mid-days,
> weekends, mostly IRC, mostly mailing lists.... Good
> to remember these universes exist; noisebridge is not
> just the people who are here when I'm here.
>

> On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 16:08 -0800, Corey McGuire wrote:
> > I am going to try to say this in the most drama resistant way:
> >
> > If 2169 existed in two universes, and in these two universes, it
> > evolved differently; one where the member shelves were in the state
> > they used to be in in our universe, and one where the member shelves
> > were as they are now in our universe, I think just about anyone from
> > any other universe would prefer the latter 2169 to the former.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler - Albert
Einstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein>
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da
Vinci<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Da_Vinci>
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there
is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint
Exupéry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_de_Saint_Exup%C3%A9ry>
Keep It Simple Stupid - Kelly
Johnson<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Johnson>