[Noisebridge-discuss] Thiel grant ideas

Carl carl at icarp.info
Mon Jul 9 05:55:12 UTC 2012

I like the idea of taking this $10K grant and doing something neat with
it.

How about a contest?  We could ask Noisebridgers' to submit 1-2 page
proposals for projects to work on, then ask the community to vote on the
best project.

Some questions to answer in the proposal could include:
* Describe your project idea.
* How would your project benefit Noisebridge and/or the larger hacker
community?
* Please describe how you'd use the funds.
etc...

On a specified day all proposals are to be posted to the discuss list,
then Noisebridge members may have a week to vote on their favorite
proposal.  We'll want to set up a voting procedure.  It could work
similarly to what we did when voting for board membership.

We could see a neat collaborative project come out of this!

-Carl