[Noisebridge-discuss] diybookscanner

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Tue Jun 12 20:43:35 UTC 2012

lots of talk about getting diybookscanners to noisebridge.

Daniel Reetz started diybookscanner.org a few years ago in LA, then moved
up to SF/Oakland for work, and to build up diybookscanner.org.  He's
since moved on to other parts of the world, giving tours and workshops at
hackerspaces on building more bookscanners. I've seen his bookscanner
design in C-base Berlin.
I tried to contact Daniel 5 months ago to give a workshop at
Noisebridge. He hasn't replied, but I haven't bugged him more than the one
time, I would love to get him to visit us.

He worked with AMT and left a beautiful shopbotted' bookscanner (the same
design on the front of http://diybookscanner.org ) there. I invite anyone
serious about making a bookscanner to visit AMT in Oakland on Thursday
night ( meeting night) to see their diy bookscanner (
http://acemonstertoys.org/).

I intend to fork the latest diybookscaner and redisgn it to be lasercut out
of 5mm plywood with T slot construction, which something I've become quite
familiar with over the last year. I don't have a lot of time to devote to
this, but I've been talking about it for about half a year and I'll need a
bit of help with people checking over the design stage and working on the
build iterations. Lets collaborate online and get a design going, join me

 I'll be looking for design files on diybookscanner.org and forking them to
github soon, If you are interested in helping out, join #astralbridge on
irc and ping froggytoad (or ftoad).

-rma