[Noisebridge-discuss] portable power/battery question

Rrmutt rrmutt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:48:37 UTC 2012

Any of those would likely work.

Another option is to roll your own with one or more 12v gel-cell batteries, a charger for same, and an inexpensive inverter for the laptop. This has the advantage that it's likely cheaper, you can lug the charger around separately, and maybe even swap in another set of charged batteries during a performance if you need them.

You can get 12v computer speakers for super cheap, they are sometimes even e-waste. I would bet that the m-audio has internal rectification and regulation so it too could run on 12v DC straight from the batteries. Probably the hollow book too, use a dc-dc to get a nice clean 5vdc if that's what it takes.

HTH