[Noisebridge-discuss] 86/85

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 14:50:05 UTC 2012

Re-post in solid agreement w/ Alan's comments below. As I've stated a
number of times, I avoided the 85 page from the moment I heard about it &
realized what it was. Last night for the first time I (sort of
accidentally, not thinking very clearly) clicked on the link from the
original post in this thread & went to the page for the first time ever. I
only started reading the first entry. Calling people out for their
Unexcellent behavior is one thing, creating online profiles complete w/
photos & other personal info for the purpose of dissing or humiliating them
is another. As someone who is often highly critical of myself as well as
others, this issue is a sort of tightrope act & the criteria for dividing
nonproductive negativity from humorous but not-entirely-mean-spirited
teasing/satire/sendups is difficult to pin down; it's pretty intuitive for
me; but from what I've seen & heard of the 85 page, it falls off the
tightrope & into the abyss. I've been to the abyss, & escaped alive, & I
don't recommend it.

HACKERS NOT HATERS

-TLLT

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Alan Rockefeller <alanrockefeller at gmail.com