[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Re: 86/85

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:02:38 UTC 2012

> Why does Noisebridge need to centralize information on unexcellence?

Because otherwise you get rumors, inaccurate information and half-truths.

> Case in point, the 85 page turned into a centralized depository of
> rumors, inaccurate information and half-truths.

Noisebridge is a do-ocracy.  Go do something about it.  It's a wiki:
Stick [citation needed] stuff on there.  Provide counter-examples.
Even (gasp) go fact check -- find the person who wrote it in the space
and have a calm, reasonable conversation with them about their
experiences vs how you experience it on 85.

85 is a centralized repository of bad and weird shit; it tells you
that no, the person you're dealing with isn't just having a bad day,
and it's not just you that has a problem with that person.  It is not
and cannot be the Voice of God, or even the Voice of Consenso.

> I also think we should keep the information separate because if you
> have never been to the space and read the 85 page, you will get an
> extremely distorted and negative view about what goes on in the space.
>  Makes it look like NB is full of  dumbasses and lazy slackers, when
> the truth is very much the opposite.

Well, if you want, you can step up and do something about it.  Just do
the best you can to not impose your own bias, inaccurate information
and half-truths on others in the process.

> I think we could use centralized place to keep track of excellent
> behavior, unexellent behavior should be allowed to fall quietly along
> the wayside.

I think that keeping track of excellent behavior is a great idea, and
if that's something you want to do, then you should do it.

Will.