[Noisebridge-discuss] Drill Press

Chris Murphy chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:05:32 UTC 2012

Thanks John,

The drill press is one of our most useful tools.

I agree that the chuck socket may be damaged but I couldn't tell easily. I didn't know how to get in there and fix it anyway. I pushed some steel wool through it and an acetone rag but I doubt that did much of anything. The passage is narrow and could be inspected on the enlarge-o-scope.

I was trying to get some work done and had already invested an hour in repair. So I wasn't as thorough as I should have been. No one with expertise (hint: MK) was around to help either.

The reason I wanted to remove the arbor was to inspect it and restore it. I wanted to see if the obscured end was damaged or untrue.

Also, I would love it if we could get the missing versatable accessory. We are also missing a foot that holds your work down and a linear depth gauge (we have the rotary depth gauge).

It's a rare but good drill press. Parts are hard to find. A used wdp1850 would only cost $160-200 (was $699 new).

More info:

http://woodgears.ca/drillpress/ryobi.html

Chris

Sent from my iPhone