[Noisebridge-discuss] conductive paint and inks

Alexandra Glowaski alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:15:41 UTC 2012

I tried DIY'ing conductive paint with copper powder and bronzing medium a
while back. Didn't work very well; the powder came off when rubbed, and
didn't conduct very well.

I've also got a marker-sized tube of "Bare Conductive" paint, which works
better. Results vary depending on the surface where you apply it; I put
some on an object made of Model Magic, and after 24+ hours it still hadn't
dried. Fabric might work better. They sell it in small quantities.
You're welcome to use some if you want -- your project sounds awesome! :)

Alex

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:56 PM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachelyra at gmail.com>wrote:

> hey all,
>
> i am contemplating some experiments with conductive inks and am curious if
> anyone has any anecdata to share?  My ultimate goal is to silkscreen
> circuitry onto fabric.  My main reference is here,
> http://www.kobakant.at/DIY/?p=**634 <http://www.kobakant.at/DIY/?p=634>and my google-fu is strong, so I am mostly looking for words of
> wisdom/experience from actually working with anything similar.  Also having
> a SUPPLIER that is willing to sell small quantities of the stuff in
> question is kind of important.  I am also extra curious if copper-based
> inks change their conductive properties over time (from tarnishing?) the
> way that copper-based fabrics seem to.
>
> R.

Make your world!
www.alexglow.com