[Noisebridge-discuss] policy on electronics gear dropoff?

Shawn shawnlandden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:34:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Brian Cloutier <briancloutier2010 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > We really don't want CRT monitors or bulky items with minimal
> hackability..
>
> If anyone wants to donate CRTs (well, only one or two) I'll love them
> forever, free flyback transformers are kinda rare and I just love making
> plasma speakers with them.

AFAIK it costs ~$9 to recycle a CRT properly, which is what led Goodwills
in Washington state to stop taking them. (as they have a strong policy of
correctly recycling things)

Doesn't California have a tax now however that covers recycling costs, so
that california residents get free monitor recycling?