[Noisebridge-discuss] New Android app: Noisegate

Ian Smith ismith at metaforgotten.org
Tue Oct 9 16:27:47 UTC 2012

An android app already existed; Josh's app is just a stripped-down form of
the same thing.

My understanding is that the app is an android-specific implementation of a
platform-agnostic protocol, just hitting the gate-opening uri.

In any case, ignoring for a moment the question of a need for increased
access control, I think the existing Android app was a great thing from an
accessibility perspective (the pay phone is not very reachable from my
wheelchair), and Josh's app is potentially a major UI improvement.