[Noisebridge-discuss] Use of Nitrous Oxide in the space on Sunday night

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:17:29 UTC 2012

On Oct 10, 2012 11:34 PM, "Jake" <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> As for people playing the "getting the door kicked in" card, get real.
> You know that nitrous cartridges and balloons are a lot less likely to
cause legal problems than having a bar serving alcoholic drinks without
checking IDs.  Not that we would ever do that.

I would contest that neither alcohol nor nitrous gets doors kicked in.
Sound does though. I'm confused at why you think booze (a legal substance)
causes more problems than nitrous (an illegal substance). If there is booze
lying around? Usually no problems. If there are nitrous canisters lying
around? More likely a chance of a problem. Obviously we don't all "know" or
else we wouldn't be having the e-mail thread.

> Just because you are offended by nitrous use and not by the drinking of
alcohol doesn't make you better than anyone else.

I don't think anyone said or implied this.