[Noisebridge-discuss] member shelves - do you have one?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Oct 27 20:04:37 UTC 2012

My plan is to do-ocratically clear off shelves which are apparently
abandoned and put the stuff that was in them in quarantine - a hidden
location where the items will not be touched by anyone - until enough time
has gone by and enough emails have gone out that it can be considered
abandoned.  I will leave notices around the member shelves about it the
whole time.

At the SAME TIME i want to move members' stuff onto those shelves and get
them to label those shelves (with their email address or something) so we
don't get to this point in the future.

At the same time i think we need to come up with a system so that people
who are not members (and don't come to meetings) can either store stuff on
the outer shelves of the member shelf area (members only in the inner
shelves) so that we don't have strangers going into the member shelves
area and rummaging through our stuff, taking our laptops (it's happening)

Jim, your shelf is on the outside of the member shelves right?  Would you
prefer it on the inside instead?  Do you know of anyone else who has a
shelf on the outside who might want to move inside?

By the way, if anyone here knows of anyone else having a shelf (and using
it) please tell me, so i can contact them about their stuff if necessary.

-jake