[Noisebridge-discuss] Drill Press issues

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Wed Sep 19 06:32:39 UTC 2012

Hi, thanks for posting the note.

* Liz Henry <liz at bookmaniac.org> [120918 22:44]:
> Hey there, I was using the drill press this afternoon and the screws
> that hold the crank at the top (that controls the rpm) are missing. I
> found one, but when I screwed it in the crank only goes halfway down the
> scale. So it needs to be taken out and recalibrated somehow. I think
> actually the drill press needs to be taken apart at the top and stuff
> fixed.
>
> I'll leave a note on it... it still works but you can't control the
> speed very well.

To clarify, IIRC that crank consists of an arm with a knob on one end
and a hole on the other end through which a screw attaches it to the
speed controlling spindle...is that the screw that went missing?

I'll try to swing by this week (likely Thurs evening) to take a look
at this and see what can be done to fix the limited speed range issue.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact